Bring on the Bling!

I've never been hugely interested in jewellery. I'm not one of those girls who has mountains of matching earring and necklace sets and changes them on a daily basis. I have a gold heart-shaped locket, a ring my parents got me for my 18th birthday and a bracelet from my boyfriend which I wear together with a pair of plain gold studs day in, day out. I actually have some really nice necklaces (I tend to go for long chains with interesting features such as a bird cage or carousel or pair of scissors... think of all the necklaces that dangle in Camden Market and you get the gist!) and pretty earrings, but if I'm honest, jewellery is such an afterthought that nine times out of ten I completely forget about it. Rummaging through my jewellery collection is something that only really happens whilst I'm pulling out random garments from my wardrobe and flinging them together on my bed, getting ready for a new blog post photo shoot (so cheers for mixing it up for me guys!). Even then I often forget.

This weekend I have been invited to an Indian wedding. I've always wanted to go to one so I'm really excited, but I have been advised by many to "bling it up." As this is not something that comes naturally to me, I have decided, with the help of jewellery brand Bibisab, to dedicate a blog post to doing just that to help me get in the spirit and perhaps develop a new-found love for jewellery!

This shoot features a stunning embellished glove from Bibisab. Bibisab is a jewellery brand with a twist created by the lovely Sabah Mauladad. What I really love about it is that it bridges the gap between jewellery as an accessory and jewellery as a garment; rather than making standard jewellery items, Bibisab offers elegant hand-embellished pieces, such as neckwear, which add a perfect touch of glamour to any outfit with hand-stitched sequins and Swarovski crystals. Each piece is handmade and is therefore unique and special. Thank you Bibisab for this beautiful glove!

Blue blouse: Primark, cream laced shorts: Miso, electric blue heels: Primark, blue flower: Accessorise
Earrings: Primark, gold and pearl necklace: Primark, gold cuff: Topshop, gold rings: New Look, pink lipstick: Barry M
Black and gold jumper: Kelly Brook, gold belt: H&M, black skater skirt: New Look, red bootie heels: New Look
Red tiered earrings: Six (European store), gold necklace: New Look, gold ear cuff: Accessorize, red lipstick: Rimmel

Labels: , ,