White Noise

What with the recent downpours and cloudy skies it seems that summer is well and truly over. Aside from some beautiful days in early May and June I feel somewhat disappointed by another mediocre English summer. Although I'm quite looking forward to donning soft cashmere and warming shades of red and brown, I thought I'd put together one last burst of bright images before I wave goodbye to the sun.

With a clinical, minimal look proving popular this season I decided to experiment with white fabrics as I love the way that they create freshness and a delicate lightness. Coming to the end of the sunny season I felt a subtle approach with a simple, clean palette rather than a bold, brash one was the best way to bid a gentle farewell to warmer times. A mixture of plain white garments layered on top of each other also somehow evokes a note of melancholy, and a static "white noise" theme seemed fitting for the transition of seasons.

Cardigan: Next, pleated dress: Topshop, lace collar: New Look, socks: Topshop, brogues: Primark
Shirt: my dad's, jeans: Primark, scarf: Topshop, dollies: Primark, belt: Primark
Blouse: H&M, dress: Jane Norman, fabric ties: various fabric shops, white dollies: Primark

Labels: , , , , ,