It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

I love winter city breaks. It's wonderful to see beautiful places in a different climate, and getting away for a long weekend is a great way to beat the January blues. Nick and I recently got back from Prague; a city that has long been on our travelling to-do list. It was the first time I'd ever been to an Eastern European country that wasn't Poland and it was so interesting to find similarities in food, language and architecture. I could read practically everything but when spoken, Czech was unfortunately too dissimilar to Polish for me to follow!

Being Eastern European, I guess it's in my blood to be drawn to fur. I have a couple of fur hats (have a peek at my Christmas Countdown posts from December 7th and 8th to see them), but I somehow always felt they were rather small and flat. I've been on the hunt for a large fur hat worthy of the Romanovs for a few years now, so imagine my delight when I found that shops in Prague are full of these massive fluffy beauties!! They're so wonderfully big! I absolutely fell in love with a dark grey one I saw and simply had to have it. Look at it!! It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!! <3 <3 <3

Hat: Prague! :D, jeggings: Primark, turtleneck: Primark, black fur gilet: Dorothy Perkins, stiletto boots: New Look, gloves: Marks and Spencer, necklace: Accessorize
Cape: Boohoo

We absolutely fell in love with Prague. It really is a city of a hundred spires, and there were moments when we simply didn't know where to look because there was so much beauty around us. The architecture is so ostentatious and grand with even simple apartment blocks or high street shops sporting columns, balconies and stunning decorative elements; when we looked up at the ceiling in Bershka we felt like we were in Selfridges! All the buildings looked so fresh and well-kept too, with old architecture renovated and painted in soft yellows, greens and pinks.

After three solid days of sight-seeing (including the Dancing Houses, Old Town, Astronomical Clock, Castle Quarter, St Vitus Cathedral and Golden Lane), we left feeling there was still so much more left to see and do. Vowing we'd return to this stunning city, we ended our wonderful trip with a beautiful dinner on a boat docked on the Vltava river (the food was also amazing!!).






Labels: , , , , ,